Friday, March 18, 2011

Bean Chicken Wraps

This past weekend I saw my younger brother and he commented about this lil' ole cooking blog. It made me happy to know that someone out there actually looks at these recipes and enjoys them. He told me that he really likes my cooking site and thinks it's pretty good. However, he also said, "But you need more real food. You've got a lot of treats, but you need more main dishes, like Italian and meat dishes." I told him I'd work on that. :) So I came home and looked in my food photo folder and discovered that I've got lots of main dish recipes I haven't shared. So over the next couple of weeks I'll share a few that I've got saved up. Of course, they don't all fall under the meat or Italian categories, but they are main dishes! ;)

This recipe was inspired by one of those e-mail recipe exchange things. I'm sure most people have had them. But you know, they don't usually turn out as they should in theory. I'm lucky if I get one recipe back. Sad, sad. Anyway, I participated in one once and I got a recipe back that inspired this one. It is really yummy and so easy to put together. I think it's a perfect lunch recipe.


Bean Chicken Wraps
Recipe from Cucina di Harwood
Servings: 6-8
Prep time: 10 minutes -- Cooke time: 15 minutes

1 large chicken breast, cooked in garlic and cut into bite size cubes
1 12 oz or so can white beans, mostly drained {any kind of white bean works well}
1/2 yellow or green pepper, chopped
1/2 cup green onion, chopped - use green and white parts of the onion
1 tsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 cup shredded 
1 cup cooked rice
Tortillas

Directions:
Mix together the beans and chicken. Put into an oven safe casserole dish. Top with onions, peppers, seasonings and juice and lightly fold into the beans mixture. Top with shredded cheese and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. 
Warm tortillas in microwave for a few seconds so they are pliable and soft.
Top tortilla with a scoop of rice and bean chicken mixture. For some extra flavor, squeeze a bit more lemon juice on top. Wrap up and eat up! 
Variation:
You can use a 12 oz can of chicken instead of cooking your own chicken breast.
You can also cook this up in the microwave if you didn't want to fire up your oven.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails