Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baked Chicken

This wasn’t {I’ll be honest} our very favorite recipe. Not that anything was specifically wrong with the recipe, I just felt that it needed some added flavor. Unfortunately, I didn't add the pimentos {couldn't find them in the store - I'm sure I just didn't know where to look} so that could have made a lot of difference. I don't know because I have never had pimentos, at least to my knowledge! So I made this without and it really needed something. I added salt and paprika to mine, and that helped, but still more of something was needed - I can't figure what. So please leave your comments and let me know what you think I could do to it. {please excuse all the pictures. I had a little fun with the camera!}

Baked Chicken Salad

Ingredients:
1 can cream of chicken soup

2 c. cooked chicken

3/4 c. mayonnaise
1 tsp. lemon juice {I used about 2 Tbsp. of juice - I'm kinda a citrus fan - and also used the lemon pulp - still wasn't enough for me}
1 c. chopped celery {since I'm not a celery fan I only used about 1/2 cup - was still too much for me}
1/2 sm. onion, diced

1/4 c. chopped pimento {I didn't have any - sad day - this is probably why we didn't love this recipe!}
1/2 tsp. pecan or almond, chopped {I think I put in about a tablespoon - I like nuts!}
3 hard boiled eggs, chopped {I only had two in my fridge so that's what I used!}

2 c. crushed potato chips

Directions:
Mix together all ingredients except potato chips.
Top with crushed chips.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes until bubbly.

I found this recipe at:
http://www.aliciasrecipes.com/Recipe/6316/Baked-Chicken-Salad.htm

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails