Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Doritos Salad

I LOVE this salad. It is so super yummy. I make it just about whenever I can - which is anytime we are supposed to take a salad somewhere because we can't eat it all ourselves before it gets soggy {see update below}. My sister-in-law is the one who introduced me to this salad and I'm super glad because I love it!



Dorito Salad
Sally Thornley
1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
2 cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
3 green onions, chopped
1 small can olives, sliced
1 regular sized bag nacho cheese Doritos, broken up
1 bottle Catalina dressing

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Do not add dressing until right before serving. Salad doesn’t keep well so eat within 6 hours of making.

Update: I was recently craving this salad so I decided to try and make a single serving version. Just make up a salad the way you like it - I had lettuce, carrots and tomatoes - and then add some Doritos chips and Catalina dressing. To dress it up a little more, add the beans. It really does work and this way I don't have to worry about a whole bowl of salad going soggy before I can eat it all.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Yum! It's been awhile since I made this....gonna need a get together soon so I have an excuse. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails