Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Sausages

First of all, I have to say that I just can't seem to type wrapped {that word, it took a lot of concentration to accomplish}. I always end up spelling warped . . . yes, even the second "p" conspicuously ends up missing. At least I am catching it so far. That sounds like a really yummy, recipe, huh? Bacon Warped Sausages. Yum. Just makes you giddy inside for the thought of eating it, right? Or not. :P

Anyway, these are super yummy. Just not super good for you. But that doesn't matter. Because they are that good. I ate at least four at our Christmas Eve party. Maybe more. I might have lost track of how many I ate . . . this helps considerably when you are trying not to feel guilty about eating all the unhealthy stuff.

Everyone else kept raving about them, too. My husband's family is pretty good about eating healthy. Hubby and I try, also. It's just that important to us. But I've been wanting to try these for a long time so I finally relented and made these. I'm glad I did. Every. single. one. of my brothers-in-law loved them. Now, they can't stop talking about them. Next month we are all going to get together and have a "President's Favorite Foods" potluck party to celebrate President's Day. One of my brother-in-laws has slyly suggested that there is a president whose favorite food was bacon wrapped sausages.

This recipe is from one of my favorite cooking blogs, Our Best Bites. If you've never seen their blog, you should really check it out. Any time I've made something of theirs, I've felt like a cooking goddess because it just always turns out fantastic. This is no exception.


Bacon Wrapped Sausages
Recipe from Our Best Bites
Ingredients:
1 14-oz. package Lit'l Smokies
1 12-oz. package lean bacon
3/4 c. brown sugar {I actually used less than this - probably about 1/2 cup - but I do think they would have tasted better with more so don't make this same mistake!}

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 325 and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Using a pair of kitchen shears, cut the slab of bacon into thirds.
Wrap 1/3 of each slice of bacon around each sausage and secure with a toothpick and place on the baking sheet.
Repeat with remaining sausages and bacon. When I was making these, the stars somehow aligned and this package of Lit'l Smokies and Hormel Black Label bacon matched up completely--no leftover bacon, no leftover sausage. Sprinkle brown sugar over sausages and bake at 325 for 40-45 minutes or until bacon has cooked and is starting to brown. Yum!!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails