Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gouda, Onion Pizza

Hello again! Man Tuesdays sure come quick doing this blog!! Well for today I am posting a pretty easy pizza recipe that I got off of Recipe.com Magazine.

If you are looking for a fun date night idea please check out my other blog tierradawn.blogspot.com and if you happen to draw the letter G you can make this easy, inexpensive meal for dinner!!

Gouda Red Onion Pizza
 
  • 2  Tbsp olive oil
  • 1  large red onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
  • 1  Tbsp. snipped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
  • 1/4  tsp. salt
  • 1/4  tsp. freshly ground black pepper
  • 1  Tbsp. cornmeal (didnt use this)
  • 1  10- to 13.8-oz. package refrigerated pizza dough (i used a pkged Boboli pizza crust cause we love them)
  • 8  oz. Gouda or Edam cheese, shredded (2 cups) (i used smoked Gouda, ive never cooked or used gouda before.. probably my new favorite!)
     
     Directions
    1. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion. Cook until onion is tender but not brown, stirring often (5 to 7 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in thyme, salt and black pepper; set aside. (So i was trying just to hurry and so I forgot to saute the onions and just put them on the pizza which turned out good but next time ill saute them!)
    2. Grease a baking sheet and sprinkle with the cornmeal. Pat pizza dough into a 12x8-inch rectangle on the baking sheet. Brush pizza dough with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle pizza dough with cheese to within 1/2 inch of edges. Spoon onion mixture over the cheese.
    3. Bake, uncovered, in a 400 degrees F oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden. Cut into 12 pieces. Makes 12 appetizers.
     
    Here is how i did it: ( i have a tendency to take a recipe and totally change it!)
    So I used a Boboli Pizza Crust and I turned my oven onto 375 degrees. While it was heating up I put 2 Tbsp of olive oil on the crust, then I diced about 4-6 cloves of garlic and spread on the crust. I then cut up the red onion and placed it on the pizza. I decided to cut Cherry Tomatoes in half and place on the pizza. I then put the fresh thyme on the pizza. Sprinkled the whole pizza with Salt and Pepper. I sprinkled the Gouda Cheese all over the pizza and baked in the over for about 15 minutes. 
    It was a fabulous pizza and great for left overs. We paired it with a salad with vinaigrette dressing.  (however i forgot to take a picture of that, sorry!)
    Next time I will saute the onions!! 

    Enjoy!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails