Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lemonade Cheesecake Pie

Remember that sinful, sugary, sweet, delicious goodness I was talking about in my last post? Yes, this is one of those recipes. If you are on a diet, I highly recommend turning away right now because this recipe might just ruin it for you.

 Look away! Quick!

See how beautiful that looks? Ah. Now, if you didn't look away and you are now tempted to trash your diet and make this delicious looking pie, don't say I didn't warn you. ;)



I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but in mine it's starting to get warm. I have to admit that I really love me some dessert. Also, I'm a baker. I love to bake. But in the summer time, turning on my oven usually means adding at least 3-4 degrees of heat to my entire house and when you struggle to keep your house at a liveable, breathable temperature as it is, those extra degrees are not often worth the sacrifice. So I try not to bake in the summertime. But then I get this itch and have a super strong desire to make something, anything, and I have to find some way to fill the baking void that has been made in my life. Desserts like this kind of save me. I can make something and feel fulfilled - and get the dessert I often am sure I desperately need.





Lemonade Cheesecake Pie
Recipe from Kraft

Total time: 10 minutes, plus refrigeration
Makes: 8 servings

1 pkg cream cheese, softened {trust me when I say you won't want reduced fat...your cheesecake will be runny and mushy and not very pretty ... not that I know anything from first hand experience}
1/2 cup thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
1 tub cool whip, thawed and divided
1 graham cracker pie crust
1 1/2 cup fresh berries {I've made this using strawberries and blackberries - just a tip: if using blackberries, you may need more sugar than is listed unless yours are already fairly sweet}
2 Tbsp sugar

Directions:
Beat cream cheese in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Gradually add concentrate, beating well after each addition. Whisk in 2 cups cool whip; spoon into crust.
Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Meanwhile, toss berries with sugar. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Pipe or spoon remaining cool whip onto pie in whatever fashion you desire {you'll notice that in my photo I didn't desire any extra cool whip - I don't really think it needs it, but it does make it look prettier if that's what you're going for}. Top with berries.

2 comments:

Killiyn Tracy said...

Hey Jess, I have made this recipe for years and years with one variation, swap out the cool whip for a can of sweetened condensed milk. I always use reduced fat cream cheese and use reduced fat sweetened condensed milk. I put it in the freezer but it doesn't freeze, it just sets up like the fridge. Then its still super yummy but calorie conscious approved. :)

Kelli said...

Ummm, that was really me that wrote that comment, didn't realize Killiyn was signed into blogger. Sorry!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails