Sunday, March 20, 2011

Beef Steamer

I have no idea where I originally found the idea for this recipe. It's something that a lot of people probably figure has been around forever, I just hadn't made anything similar before this. Anyway, as I said, I don't remember where I found the original inspiration. But I took the idea and ran with it and this is what I came up with. 
This recipe is pretty much perfect for kids. I can't think of a kid I know who wouldn't like this stuff. It's a very simple, no-nonsense kind of recipe. Really, just meaning that it isn't complex with the flavors. The simplicity makes it a quick lunch or kid's meal, and since you put lots of veggies in it, I would feel okay feeding it to my daughter - at least, as soon as she is old enough to eat food like this, that is!.


Beef Steamer
Recipe from Cucina di Harwood


1 can chili
1 can tomoato soup
1/2 Tbsp. Chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/3 tsp salt
1 lb. ground beef
1 cup dry macaroni or other pasta, cooked
1 onion, chopped
2-3 large carrots, grated
2-3 large florets of broccoli, chopped in small pieces {optional}
1/2-1 cup grated cheddar cheese

Directions:
Brown hamburger with onion; add green pepper just before the burger is completely cooked. If the hamburger is very greasy, add some flour to help soak up the grease. Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until warmed through.
If you would like the steamer a little more like soup, you could add some water. The macaroni and the cheese can be substituted for leftover macaroni and cheese.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails