Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Homemade Burritos

My hubby and I are big burrito fans. We really love them around here. I've worked and worked on a recipe until I finally came up with what we think is the perfect burrito recipe. Now, I once mentioned to my dad that I had come up with this great recipe and he said to me, in effect, "The real way to do it is to put lard in it." And I basically went, "Um, yuck." I mean in no way for that to offend anyone. Just for some reason the idea of lard kind of grosses me out. There is no lard in this recipe. None. Zilch. Nada. So I guess that makes this recipe about as non-authentic as you can get. However, I still think it tastes good. :)
Yes, I know. It looks like I have large ugly man hands.
Homemade Burritos
Recipe created by Cucina di Harwood
1/2 lb ground hamburger
1 can Refried Beans
2 1/2 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp dried cilantro or 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 1/2 tsp  Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup low fat sour cream
2 Tbsp. Salsa Verde
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Dash of pepper
Tortillas
Desired toppings - I really like spinach, tomatoes, green peppers, green onions, and extra cheese 'cuz I love cheese. Mozzarella is my favorite. Other good toppings are ranch, salsa or taco sauce.

Directions:
Brown the hamburger over medium heat until cooked; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cook until heated through. Put a scoop on your tortilla and add any toppings you so desire. 
This is also be yummy with a scoop of rice on the tortilla as well.
Yum!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails