Saturday, April 2, 2011

Country Potatoes

Many in my church call these "funeral potatoes". I guess it's because this is an easy, quick meal to take to a funeral. However, regardless of what you call these potatoes, they are scrumptious! One of my favorite ways to prepare potatoes. The corn flakes on top do make it hard to store these but I have found that if I need to store leftovers in the refrigerator that I just add some extra corn flakes right before reheating and then I don't have to worry about losing that crunch that comes from the flakes.



Country Potatoes
Recipe from Diane Bingham
6 potatoes, baked and cooked, peeled and shredded
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/3 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup melted butter
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup crushed corn flakes

Directions:
Mix the chicken soup, chopped onion, butter and sour cream together until creamy. Add the potatoes and cheese and stir until well incorporated. Put in a well greased 9x13 baking pan. Top with the crushed corn flakes. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until the inside is warm. Serve topped with extra cheese and sour cream.


Delicious!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails