Monday, April 4, 2011

Hash Brown & Pepper Jack Quiche

The first exposure I had to quiche was this recipe. I actually hadn't had the "real" quiche, you know, with a pie crust, for several years after trying this recipe. Now, don't get me wrong, I actually really like "real" quiche, but I love this recipe using hash browned potatoes as the crust instead. Sooo yummy. This is a recipe my husband's family makes and we all love it!


Hash Brown and Pepper Jack Quiche
Recipe from Olive Harwood

20 oz frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup diced ham
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp salt




Directions:
Press the hash browns into a well greased pie tin or round cake pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 425 degrees.
Put the cheeses and the ham on top of the potatoes.
In a small bowl, mix the eggs, milk and salt together. Pour over the rest and bake for 25-30 minutes at 425 degrees. It is done when a knife inserted half way from the edge to the center comes out mostly clean. Let stand for a few minutes and serve.
We like to eat this with fruit. Mmmm. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails