Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad

As promised, here is the recipe to use that delicious Marinated Chicken in. I think this is probably my favorite salad and a perfect summer option {yes, I'm aware that it is no longer summer, but salads can taste good in the fall too!}. 

Bowtie Chicken Caesar Salad
Favorite Family Recipes

1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
Caesar salad dressing (about 1/4 c., but really it's to taste - I often put in a little more because of the lettuce amount)
Bowtie pasta (cooked to al dente, drained and cooled)
Marinated chicken, cooled and cubed (see link)
Cherry tomatoes (I have used regular tomatoes, diced, and they taste great)
Mushrooms, sliced (I usually just put in a small can if I don't have fresh ones. I actually love the salad without them too)
Olives, sliced (honestly, I've never used these - I don't really think the salad needs them)
Sunflower seeds (optional - never used these either)
Croutons
Parmesan cheese (freshly shredded, of course!)



Directions:
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Top with additional parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.

{Note: I think this salad would also be delicious with other additions: sliced bell peppers, chopped cucumbers, sliced grapes, mandarine oranges}

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails