Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Shepherd's Pie

I don't suppose it's any secret that I love an easy, delicious recipe. Though I also enjoy those recipes that take a long time to make because they usually prove to be absolutely delicious, I especially appreciate a recipe that doesn't take much time to make {because, let's face it, I don't have a ton of time to cook, particularly these days}.
This is a pretty traditional recipe - I'd venture to guess that most people have had it before - and very easy to put together, especially if you already have leftover mashed potatoes.


Shepherd’s Pie
4-6 boiled potatoes, mashed
½-1 pound ground beef
1 can green beans
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I have also made it without the soup, just mixing the beef and beans together and I quite like it)
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions:
Brown ground beef and drain well. Mix beef, beans and soup together in a medium sized bowl. Place in the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes on top and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until warm through and cheese is bubbly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails