Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Buckeye Bars

These are some delish bars that I made up to put on neighbor's Christmas goodie plates a couple years ago. Terrible that it's taken me this long to share the recipe with you! I found the recipe in a Kraft recipe book. One of the best things about this recipe is you can make it ahead of time and freeze it to keep for when you need it. 
I do apologize about my photo. I know it pretty much stinks. I promise they tasted good!

Buckeye Bars
½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
¾ cup crunchy peanut butter
22 vanilla wafers, crushed (about ¾ cup)
2 cups powdered sugar
½ of 8oz tub of whipped topping (do not thaw)
3 squares of semi-sweet baking chocolate {I prefer milk chocolate}

Directions:
Line an 8-inch square pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides. Beat butter and peanut butter with mixer until blended. Add wafer crumbs; mix well. Gradually add sugar, mixing well after each addition. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
Microwave frozen whipped topping and chocolate in microwaveable bowl on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave for 15-30 seconds more or until chocolate is melted; stir until blended. Pour over peanut butter layer; spread to cover peanut butter layer.
Refrigerate for 2 hours. Use foil handles to lift dessert from pan before cutting.
Can be made ahead and stored in the freezer in an airtight container for up to one month. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails