Monday, January 24, 2011

Delicious & Easy Bow-Ties

I really love pasta.It's a serious weakness. Pasta and breads. I could eat a whole meal of fresh made bread. It doesn't matter what kind. I love it. Pasta is pretty much the same way. I never get tired of pasta. Now, if you combine pasta, tomatoes and bacon, you can just about guarantee I'll eat it. And eat it I did! Mmm ... just the thought of this is making my mouth water!




Delicious and Easy Bow Ties
Recipe from Western Family

Ingredients:
1 lb. bow tie pasta, cooked an drained
1 lb. bacon, cooked until crisp; drain and crumble {use the real stuff ... don't substitute turkey bacon here ... ask me why I know}
2 cans (14.5 oz) Italian Stewed Tomatoes, drained
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 cups fresh spinach leaves {I think if you slice these up, it tastes better and leftovers work better}
1 cup green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, OR 2 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese

Directions:
In a deep skillet heat tomatoes and garlic over medium heat.
Add bacon, spinach, onions and basil to skillet and simmer until spinach is slightly wilted.
Add bow tie pasta and toss.
Add cheese and serve immediately.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails