Friday, January 14, 2011

Karen's Sloppy Joes

I tend to think that if you are going to make something, homemade is generally better. A few months ago my younger siblings came to visit us and they had lunch. They volunteered to bring sloppy joe mix, but I told them not to worry about it because I had something better than those store bought mixes. When I made up lunch and my sibs finally got to try this recipe, they all agreed that these were the best sloppy joes. It is perhaps the best sloppy joe recipe I've ever had. I have three different recipes for sloppy joes, but this one is probably my favorite. It's also really easy. Ah, you can't beat delicious and easy!

Karen's Sloppy Joes
Recipe from Sister's Cafe

Ingredients:
1 lb ground turkey or lean ground beef (still tastes great with turkey)
1 onion
3/4 c. ketchup
2 T. brown sugar
1.5 T. mustard
1 T. apple cider vinegar
1 T. Worcestershire sauce

Directions:
Chop onion and assemble ingredients. Brown ground turkey/beef in a large frying pan. Add the remainder of the ingredients and mix well. Serve on hamburger bun or whatever you would like. Voila!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails