Saturday, July 2, 2011

Brown Sugar Muffins

I am a muffin girl. I loooooovvee muffins. I could eat them for every meal. Sometimes I do. Especially if they are these muffins. I think these are quite possibly my most favorite muffins on this planet {that I've tasted anyway - I haven't tried each of them, after all}. In fact, that's all I can't think of to say about these. They are my favorite. You should try them. Maybe today. Like, right now. Heck, I think I'm going to go make them right now. Except that I'm not home. This here post, it was scheduled. Because I promised you a breakfast week, did I not? And since I'm gone today, the only way to keep that promise is to schedule my posts. Look at me being all organized. Everyone go look at the sky tonight. The moon is probably blue.

But, since I'm visiting my mother-in-law and this recipe is originally hers, maybe I can get these muffins after all. :)


I know, it's not the greatest photo. I took this ages and ages ago. So please forgive me. Next time I make them, I'll try to remember to take a better photo. :)
 Brown Sugar Muffins
Recipe from Olive Harwood

2 cups flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400.
Mix dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Make a hole in the middle of the mixture. Set aside.
In another medium bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. I generally find that it works best if I combine my egg and butter first, then the other things. It also works best if your egg and milk are at room temperature so the butter doesn't suddenly harden up when the cold ingredients hit it. But these always turn out fine without getting everything to room temperature, so honestly, I usually don't worry about it.
Pour wet ingredients into the hole you made in your dry ingredients. Mix just until moistened.
Drop into well oiled muffin pan about 2/3 full. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails