Sunday, July 3, 2011

Hootenany Pancakes

If you tried, you could probably find hundreds of German Pancake recipes around the internet. I don't even think you would have to look very hard to find them. It's because these pancakes are so delicious and soooo fun! I can guarantee you that any child would go crazy over these puffy pancakes. When I was growing up, we called them Hootenany Pancakes. My husband had never heard of such a thing and finally convinced me to make some German pancakes. Low and behold! They are the exact same thing! But since Hootenanny is a whole lot more fun to say than German, I'm sticking with the name I grew up with!



See all that yummy puffiness? Delicious!

Hootenanny Pancakes
Recipe from Bingham Family

1/4 cup butter
6 eggs, well beaten
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Melt 1/4 cup butter in a 9x13 in your warm oven.
While the butter is melting, mix all remaining ingredients together for one minute. When butter is melted, pour batter into the pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and puffy.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails