Friday, June 12, 2009

Chicken Piccata

A friend of mine requested this recipe. I made it when we invited her and her husband over for dinner one night. I didn’t think it turned out as good as I would have liked but that’s because I think there was too much pepper {I have a really difficult time with spicy foods}. I will cut it way down when I make it again. Other than that, this recipe is really delicious. You won’t be sorry you made this!

Chicken Piccata
Taste of Home’s Quick Cooking
Prep/total time: 25 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
Ingredients:
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 oz. each)
¼ cup butter, cubed
¼ cup white wine or chicken broth
1 Tbsp. lemon juice




Directions:
In a large reseal-able plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Flatten chicken to ½ inch thickness; place in bag, one piece at a time and shake to coat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, brown chicken in butter. Stir in wine or broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes, or until chicken juices run clear. Drizzle with lemon juice.

Next week I'll post the recipe I always make when we have this chicken. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails