Thursday, November 12, 2009

A few changes

Well, folks, there will be some changes to this blog in the near future. I'm still coming to terms with everything that has to change, but that's okay. Someday I'll get used to it.
I found out this week that I'm Pre-Insulin Resistant. Basically, this means that my blood sugar skyrockets when I eat sugars/carbs because my cells don't allow the insulin in to help absorb the sugar. I'm still trying to grasp everything involved in this new development. I do know that if things don't change then I am really likely to become diabetic. This news means a lot of new things for me - a lot of lifestyle changes will be occurring. The biggest thing is that my eating habits have to change. I'm still trying to figure out all the particulars about what I can/cannot eat, but essentially, I have to give up carbs and sugars and starches. I'm struggling with that because this is my favorite things to eat/make include sugars and carbs. However, to me, it's more important to make this eating change than to become diabetic or have other problems. I have a lot of things I want to do in my life and I don't want something stopping me. That would be rude.
Anyway, in concurrence with this lifestyle change, this blog is also going be to changing. I made this blog to document and share with others the recipes I make. Since I will have to change the kind of things I make, the kind of recipes I share will be changing as well. I have dozens of other recipes I will still share with you soon but then once those are all finished I probably won't be sharing sugar-y, carb-y, starch-y recipes anymore. I'm going to start looking for insulin-resistant-friendly recipes that have lots of yummy flavor {cuz I HAVE to have lots of yummy flavor} that I will make and share. Please be patient with me as I learn how to make these changes and new foods. I may be slow at posting very often but I will post, I promise. Please just be patient with me and enjoy the rest of the recipes and the menu planning series!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails