Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Apple Butterscotch Cookies

These cookies were so yummy! I'll admit I'm not really a cookie person {I know, I know - not liking chocolate and cookies just makes me super weird!} but I really liked how these turned out. This is another recipe I created and I really liked how "cake-y" they were. We also took these to our nieces and nephew and they loved them as well. In fact, a couple of them said they were some of the best cookies they'd ever had!


Apple Butterscotch Cookies
Created by: Cucina di Harwood
Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 2 1/2 dozen cookies

Ingredients:
1 white cake mix
1 egg
6 Tbsp. applesauce {1/4 + 1/8 cup}
1/4 cup {be super generous with it!} grated apple
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2-1 cup butterscotch chips

Directions:
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto a well-greased baking sheet.
Bake at 350 degrees on the middle for 8 minutes. Then move to the top rack and bake for an additional 2 minutes. Take the cookie sheet out of the oven and leave the cookies on the sheet to finish baking for 2 more minutes.
Transfer cookies to a wire rack or tea towel to complete cooling. Or enjoy warm! Either way, they are good!


Note: The cinnamon in these cookies provides a rather subtle spice flavor. I prefer it this way. But if you want a little more spice, add 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1/4 tsp. nutmeg to the dough.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails