Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Strawberry Limeade

So on Monday I shared the recipe for Strawberry Sauce. And then I made you wait until today to get my new favorite thing to do with that sauce because we got to have our first recipe from Tierra yesterday! Wasn't she great? I'm super excited to try out her fruit salsa and I think I'm going to have to do it as soon as possible.

Now, I know this may not technically count as a "recipe". But I have measurements, I have ingredients and I'm gonna tell it to ya anyway.

If you really know me, you know I loooooovveee lime. Love lime. Like, I can never have enough lime love it. Like, I could put it on everything love it. Like, I do put it on everything love it. I buy bottles of lime juice like everyone else buys bottles of lemon juice. I always have limes in my fridge and the few times I've run out have been sad, sad days. Moral of the story: limes are awesome! And since limes are awesome and, let's face it, so are strawberries, combining them is about the best thing ever. So today I'm going to tell you how to make Strawberry Limeades. And then you should make them. You mustn't delay this very important and crucial part of your day.
You can thank me later. :)
Strawberry Limeade
Start to finish: less than 5 minutes {provided you already have your sauce made up}
Serving size: one lovely, tall glass

Ingredients:
1 cup lemon-lime soda
1/4 cup frozen limeade concentrate or fresh lime juice {or a little less if you aren't quite lime crazy like me}
2 Tbsp. strawberry sauce
Crushed ice, optional

Directions:
Pour the lemon-lime soda into a glass. Add strawberry sauce. Stir. Add limeade concentrate or lime juice. Add your crushed ice.
Then obtain a comfy lounge chair. Place it in a warm, shady spot outside and sip your limeade while dreaming about all things summery and delicious.
See all that frothy, tasty goodness? Doesn't it just make your taste buds tremble with desire for a taste. Mm, I think I better go make me some. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails