Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Tuesday With Tierra! (Fruit Salsa)

Fruit Salsa
By Cara Horton

While I was in Texas enjoying the nice warm weather in comparison to the weather we have around here, hehe, I got to help my sister-in-law make Fruit Salsa. Now just the name makes me kind of excited because I love fruit and am always up for new ways to eat fruit.
We made it for an appetizer for Mothers Day and I think i ate half the bowl!! (but its fruit so thats okay right?)
So I know now is the time for strawberries so thought I would post this and also even though it may not feel like summer, summer get togethers, like family reunions, are right around the corner!

Anyway, You will need:

Cinnamon Chips:
4 (7-inch) flour tortillas
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Melted Butter

Salsa:
2 medium Granny Smith apples
1 cup strawberries, sliced
1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
1 small orange
1 lemon
1/2 cup sugar give or take (this will be for taste, so as much or as little as you would like)

Heat oven to 400 degrees F.

For cinnamon chips, lightly coat with butter. Combine sugar and cinnamon in flour/sugar shaker; sprinkle over tortillas. Cut each tortilla into 8 wedges; place in single layer on cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to cooling rack; cool completely.

For salsa, peel, core, and slice apples. Dice Apples into small pieces, you can use a food processor. Slice strawberries and chop kiwi, into small pieces. Place fruit in 1 quart bowl. Cut orange and lemon in half then squeeze the juice over the cut fruit. Add in the sugar to taste. Mix Well!

Serve with cinnamon chips.

This lasted for a few days. I learned that the citrus of the orange and lemon make it so the apple doesn't turn brown, hmmm interesting. I learn something new every day!

Enjoy!!
Thanks for joining me on my first recipe with Tuesday With Tierra! Come back next week for a great Dinner dish!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails