Friday, October 30, 2009

Glazed Mini Meatloaves

This is really yummy recipe. I’ll be honest I’m actually a big fan of meatloaf, as long as it’s got some great flavor - and this recipe does!. I love the addition of the Worcestershire sauce and parsley. It gives the meatloaf a wonderful flavor! I wish I would have had the Dijon mustard because it would have really added some awesome kick! The glaze was also fabulous. Just the perfect touch of sweetness and the vinegar adds just a bit of tang, which I think is fabulous. To date, this is my favorite meatloaf recipe!

Glazed Mini Meatloaves
adapted from The Best 30-Minute Recipe

Makes 4-5 mini meatloaves.

Meatloaves:
17-20 saltine crackers, crushed fine (about 2/3 cup)
1/4 cup whole milk
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 large egg
1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 pounds ground meat (I used a combination of lean ground chuck and lean ground pork)
2 teaspoons oil (I used canola oil)

Glaze:
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
4 teaspoons cider vinegar

Adjust an oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 425 degrees. Stir cracker crumbs, milk, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, egg, mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper together in a large bowl. Add ground meat and combine until uniform. Shape mixture into oval loaves (I doubled the recipe and got 10 mini loaves, so when I make the recipe without doubling it, I plan to shape into at least 5 loaves - they were definitely big enough to be perfectly filling!).

Heat oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until the oil is rippling. Add meatloaves (without letting them touch sides) and brown well on one side, 3-5 minutes. Carefully flip loaves over and tidy up edges using a spatula (I didn't need to do this - my meatloaves managed to hold their shape really well). Brown on this side for another 2-3 minutes.


Meanwhile, mix glaze ingredients together until smooth. Transfer mini meatloaves to a foil-lined baking pan and spoon the glaze over the top of each meatloaf.



Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the center of the loaf registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer (or do like I do and cut one of the little babies open and if it looks done - pull 'em out of the oven!).

3 comments:

Lisa said...

These look yummy. I'll have to make them sometime! Thanks!

Jessica :) said...

Lisa: You won't regret making these. They are super yummy! Let me know if you do; I'd love to hear what you think!

Lisa said...

I made these tonight and everyone thought they were yummy. I especially loved them and they are a definite make again. The glaze is a perfect addition. Thanks Jessica!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails