Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Breakfast Skillet

I decided that since yesterday I posted a french toast recipe I would make this a little unofficial breakfast week. Sound good to everyone? K, good, 'cuz I already decided! :)


I really love breakfast foods. It one of my favorite things to eat yummy breakfast foods. However, I am not a get-up-early-and-eat-a-delicious-breakfast-every-morning kind of gal. I like my sleep. Maybe too much?
Anyway, we pretty much eat cold cereal every morning. I know, I know. Bleh, blah, boring, yuck and every other unpleasant word that comes to mind when you think of eating cold cereal every day. But I actually don't mind - as long as I have several different kinds to rotate through - and this way, I don't have to get up early. However, I still love breakfast food.
What's a girl to do?
Have breakfast for dinner, of course!
And we do.
And you know what?
We love it.
 
Golly, it's a good thing I have an understanding and easy going and willing-to-spoil-me-and-let-me-sleep-an-extra-ten-minutes husband!
I'm lucky.
I know.

 
Breakfast Skillet
Prep time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 30 minutes | Makes: 4 servings
Recipe from Pillsbury
 
3/4 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 cups refrigerated, cooked, shredded hash brown potatoes or the frozen equivalent, thawed
3 eggs
1/2 can green chiles, drained {or use the whole can if you like things spicy!}
3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 medium tomato, chopped
 
Directions:
In a medium skillet, cook bacon 7-10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings and the bacon in the pan. Add potatoes; spread evenly in skillet. Cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown.
In small bowl, beat eggs and chiles with a fork or wire whisk. Pour egg mixture evenly over potatoes. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook 8-10 minutes or until eggs are firm. Sprinkle with cheese and tomato; cover and cook 2-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. For a little extra spice, try using pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails