Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dinner in the Swiss Alps

Raise your hand if you ever need a quick, tasty recipe. {*raising hand*} Raise your hand if you ever get caught up in other more important things - you know, like crafting, blogging, playing - that you forget about dinner. {*Raising hand!*} Raise your hand if you ever have those days where you just don't feel like cooking. {*Raising Hand!!!*} Now, I love to cook. I'm a lover of good food and I especially enjoy my time creating in the kitchen. But even I have days when I just don't feel like cooking. I'd rather spend my time doing something else. This is the recipe I cook up on days like that.
It's so easy it barely counts as a "recipe". In fact, I'm sure my handsome hubby wouldn't call it a recipe. I personally like to call it a "cheater head recipe". So named because it is so delicious that people could be tricked into thinking you spent hours in the kitchen. When it was really only minutes. *sigh* Lovely.
I'll be the first to tell you that I have absolutely no idea why this is called "dinner in the Swiss alps". I haven't figured out the connection to the Swiss yet. Maybe they are uber-amazing cooks who work magic tricks in the kitchen and create amazing delicacies such as this recipe {if you could call it a "delicacy"}. Or maybe they just like delicious, easy dinners, too. :) Or maybe this has nothing to do with Switzerland. Maybe someday I'll figure out this mystery of mysteries. For now, I think I'll just eat it.
Dinner in the Swiss Alps
Recipe from Jessica Smith
Time to cook: approx. 20 minutes

Ingredients:
4 hamburger patties
1 can diced tomatoes with your desired flavor {I'm a big fan of the garlic and onion flavors myself . . . the Italian flavors are pretty darn awesome, too . . . the Mexican flavor gives it a nice kick - if you like getting kicked - which I don't - which is why I prefer the garlic and onion flavors myself}

Directions:
Fry your hamburger patties in a frying pan. Cook just until they are done.
Add can of diced tomatoes. Turn down the heat to medium low. Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until you just can't wait any longer and you must eat it.
Serve with a vegetable or salad and mashed potatoes. Or something else. Anything you eat with these will be amazing.

Variations: if you didn't want to use a can of diced tomatoes that has seasonings already in it, use a regular can of diced tomatoes and add your own seasonings. Or dice up two cups of fresh tomatoes and still use your own seasonings. You know, if you're feeling ambitious.
Seasonings that would be tasty: basil, oregano, cilantro, garlic, onions

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails