Saturday, June 4, 2011

Parmesan Crusted Chicken

Isn't it fun to pretend like you are a chef in an Italian restaurant? Especially when everyone {aka - your hubby} raves about your food as if it actually came from an Italian restaurant?  I love it when I cook something that makes me feel like a regular chef. This recipe will hit the spot exactly. It is so so tasty and surprisingly easy. I found it in an old Taste of Home's Cooking magazine I used to have laying around and I am super stoked that I decided to make it. Because now, whenever I feel like being an Italian chef, I have the perfect recipe up my sleeve.
And you know what? This would taste delicious with Tierra's Alfredo Pasta. Mmm, maybe we'll have Italian for dinner tonight. :)


Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Recipe from Taste Home’s Cooking for 2 (Spring 2006), Submitted by: Laura Babberl
Prep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min + cooling
Servings: 2


Ingredients:
¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 egg
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1 Tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. lemon juice

Directions:
In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and garlic poweder. In another bowl, beat the egg. Place the Parmesan cheese in a third bowl. Coat chicken in flour mixture, then dip in egg and roll in cheese.
In a skillet, brown chicken in oil on both sides. Transfer to a shallow 1-at. Baking dish coated with nonstick cooking; drizzle with lemon juice. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 18-20 minutes or until juices run clear.


And because this is Taste of Home and they are awesome, I even have nutrition facts for you. I know, I'm your new best friend. Or maybe not since now you know. Oops.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast=394 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated), 173 mg cholesterol, 830 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 45 g protein

1 comment:

M and W said...

I tried your recipe last night and Maynor and I LOVED it! We did mashed potatos and green beans and it was so good that we had it again tonight. Thanks for sharing!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails