Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies

I can't remember for sure, but I believe I got this recipe from Kraft. And they really live up to their name! They are truly extraordinary!

Need:
  • 1 & 1/4 cup granualated sugar
  • 1 & 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 & 1/2 cup softened butter
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 bag chips (24 oz) I didn't even come close to using this many
Directions:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla & eggs with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda & salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On un-greased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
-Bake 12-15 minutes, or until light brown. (it only took about 8 minutes in my oven) Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to a cooling rack.

Makes:
About 5 dozen cookies

As you can see, I made these cookies with mint and chocolate chips. That turned out really well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails