- 1 & 1/4 cup granualated sugar
- 1 & 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 & 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 bag chips (24 oz) I didn't even come close to using this many
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, beat sugars, butter, shortening, vanilla & eggs with spoon. Stir in flour, baking soda & salt. Stir in chocolate chips.
- On un-greased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
-Bake 12-15 minutes, or until light brown. (it only took about 8 minutes in my oven) Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to a cooling rack.
About 5 dozen cookies
As you can see, I made these cookies with mint and chocolate chips. That turned out really well.