This is a recipe I found from BettyCrocker.com and it was really quite good. I made it for a ward party, hence the fluted pan (I didn't have anything else that was red!). For those are familiar with muddy buddies, it's a very similar recipe only this one uses white chocolate so I liked it a whole lot more!
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal (I actually used about 7-1/2 cups corn chex and 1-1/2 cups wheat chex)
- 1 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar (I used more than this so it would be more white)
- 1/2 cup red, white and pink candy-coated chocolate candies
- 1/4 cup red or pink jimmies sprinkles, optional
In large bowl, place cereal. In small microwaveable bowl, microwave baking chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute/30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
Place 1/2 of the cereal mixture in 1-gallon food-storage plastic bag. Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake well to coat. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool (about 15 minutes).
Meanwhile, stir candies and sprinkles into remaining cereal mixture. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool (about 15 minutes).
In serving bowl, mix cereal mixtures. Store in airtight container.
One of the things I like about this recipe is that is can be used for virtually any holiday - a little change of the colors of the candies, and it works for anything!